Occupational Therapy Stroke Clinic
Our student-run clinic offers free services for under-resourced clients to help increase safety and independence for people following a stroke. We work to empower our clients and families by providing them with the knowledge and tools they need to best manage their health, while also providing an opportunity to enrich our students’ education through this real-world clinical experience.
Since this is a student-run clinic, services are offered at a set time each week, based upon the availability of the students. Treatment time will vary by semester.
During our interactions with our patients and families, we commit to:
- listening to our clients and their families
- providing experiences that are unique to each person’s health and functional needs
- exploring the home environment and personal support available for each client to help them be safe, healthy, and functional
- partnering together with physicians, families, communities, and other professionals to deliver the best care possible.
Exceptional stroke care
Personalized care is provided for each client by a graduate occupational therapy student, who will assess and treat clients with oversight from a licensed, practicing occupational therapist.
Sessions will typically last for a period of 8 to 10 weeks, and may include assistance with activities such as bathing, dressing, cooking, cleaning, work responsibilities, day planning, community participation and other meaningful activities as identified by the client and/or family.
We will work with you and/or your loved one to:
- Develop ways to improve overall performance with self-care, household management and leisure activities
- Increase safety and fall prevention measures at home
- Identify ways to improve your/their overall health and wellness.
Location of Services
All student-led services are provided in our clinic located at 4444 Forest Park Blvd., Ste. 2206 on the second floor. While our licensed clinicians often provide services in a client’s home or community location, our students only see clients in the clinic setting.
About our clients
Clients must be 18 years or older, medically stable and have any chronic conditions controlled. They must also be un/under-insured and have access to reliable transportation.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (314) 286-1669.