Washington University’s Program in Occupational Therapy will lead in advancing human health by enhancing people’s participation in everyday life activities through evidence-based practice, innovative research, and the education of tomorrow’s leaders in occupational therapy and rehabilitation.
In advancing human health through participation, the Program in Occupational Therapy will:
- Bridge between biomedical and sociocultural health at the person, community and population levels.
- Cultivate excellence, interdisciplinary collegiality and diversity.
- Strive for integration between practice, research and education initiatives.
- Develop and maintain excellent clinical and community programs.
- Support research programs that generate new knowledge about participation within the basic, applied and clinical sciences.
Deliver an integrated curriculum that prepares students for current and emerging areas of practice.
Strategic Plan FY17-18 Summary